Just so you are aware, some of the links below are affiliate links. With no additional cost to you, AtHomeBrewer may earn a commission if you click through and a purchase is made.
This 1-gallon Craft A Brew Home Brewing Kit is ideal for those who want to brew their own beer at home, but on a much smaller scale.
“Make your own beer” is the brand’s slogan, and it doesn’t get much easier than this. Depending on what style of beer you like, you can choose from about twenty different beer recipes ranging from a Hefeweizen to a White House Honey Ale to a Chocolate Milk Stout, and many more.
Craft A Brew Kit Review
The Craft a Brew 1-gallon beer kit makes it easy to make your own craft beer in just a few steps. In fact, one of the biggest selling points is being able to choose from so many different types of beer, including a Gluten free ale.
Just because it only makes 1 gallon of beer, it doesn’t mean you are getting a cheaply made product. You are getting a quality beer brewing kit that’s aimed at both beer brewing hobbyists and first time homebrewers.
The beer ingredient kits include specialty grains, hops, and the dry malt extract. And for all those concerned about the environment, all the manufactured items in the kit are made from recycled materials.
Lastly, all the recipes are easy to follow and laid out in simple, step-by-step directions.
What's Included In The Craft A Brew Kit
The Craft A Brew 1-gallon home brewing beer kit comes with everything listed below:
- Your choice of 1 beer recipe kit
- 1-gallon glass carboy
- Specialty grains
- Grain bag
- Dry malt extract
- Racking cane and filter tip
- Siphon hose
- Tube clamp
- Drilled rubber bung
- Guide to Craft A Brew instructions
What Is Needed
Like most beer brewing kits, including this one, there are still a few items you need to have on hand for brew day.
- Brewing kettle of at least 1-gallon. If you want to have a dedicated pot on brewing day, have a look at our brew kettle review page.
- Metal stirring spoon or paddle
- (10) 12 ounce bottles and crimp style crown caps or (10) swing-top bottles
- Bottle capper (if using crown caps)
- 10 pound bag of ice
Optional But Not Needed
These few items are completely optional, but can be used when brewing.
- Fine mesh strainer: To help filter out sediment and make a clearer finished beer
- Wort Chiller: Used to quickly cool the wort, although you really don’t need one for a 1-gallon batch of beer. But, have a look at our guide on the best wort chillers if you are interested in purchasing one in the future.
- Hydrometer: To monitor fermentation and the alcohol content of the beer
- Wide variety of beer styles to brew
- Items are made from recycled materials
- Instructions are easy to understand and follow
- 1-gallon is perfect for small batch brewing
- Glass carboy can break if not handled carefully
- 1-gallon of beer might not be enough for serious beer drinkers
- Bottles are not included
Other Home Brewing Beer Kits To Consider
While this Craft A Brew beer brewing kit is a simple way to make your own craft beer, there are other starter kits available if you are looking for something that will make more beer, like a 2 gallon kit, or an even larger 5 gallon extract kit.
Have a look at our Best Homebrewing Kits review page to see all the different options that are available. All of these starter home brewing kits are great for any skill level, including the first-time home brewer.
If you are looking for an easy way to brew a small batch of beer at home, this Craft A Brew 1-gallon home brewing kit is what you want.
Overall, this kit allows anyone, including first timers to have an enjoyable brewing experience without any complicated steps.
All of the brewing equipment can be used the next time you are ready to brew again. All you need to do is order another beer recipe kit.
Craft A Brew
Home Brewing Beer Kit
Ready To Improve Your All-Grain Brewing Process, and Take It To The Next Level?
This course includes 29 indivdual videos that cover techniques and processes for water chemistry, yeast health, mashing, fermentation, dry-hopping, zero-oxygen packaging, and more!